This artist led project grew from conversations between a collection of creative women. We talked about the progress of equality during the century since the first UK women gained franchise in 1918 and about how that progress relates to women’s art practice. If you’re a woman, and you want to make more space for art in your life, this project is for you.
We treasure our creative practice above many other aspects of life, but it either ends up at the bottom of the pile, or we feel we ‘neglect’ other roles if we pursue it. We’d like to make it easier for ourselves and for you, so that we can all make more art and encourage others to do the same
How can we help?
- Networking with like-minded creatives
- Sharing stories of women artists throughout the ages
- Getting our voices heard through videos, articles, blogs and podcasts
- Workshops and events where we can share ideas about equality, feminism and art, where we can share our own practice and where we can make work together
What can you do?
- Watch this film dedicated to Jacqueline Morreau, an inspiring artist and feminist
- Listen to the musings of artists and poets on women and our lives during the past century in this podcast
- Tell us about your practice, the practice of other artists and your ideas for change
Sign up to receive monthly newsletters, regular blog posts and invitations to events
This short film gives a taste of some of the issues we believe are important.