This artist led project grew from conversations between a collection of creative women. We talked about the progress of equality during the century since the first UK women gained franchise in 1918 and about how that progress relates to women’s art practice. If you’re a woman, and you want to make more space for art in your life, this project is for you.
The world needs projects like this because women deserve to have their talents and potential recognised! Women from all backgrounds need to be enabled to access the art world – it is an incredibly important tool for political comment, for expressing the feelings and frustrations of being a woman and for therapy and enjoyment. Ellie Vowles, Bristol Women’s Voice
To read more comments from people involved in the project, click here
How can we help?
- Networking with like-minded creatives
- Sharing stories of women artists throughout the ages
- Getting our voices heard through videos, articles, blogs and podcasts
- Workshops and events where we can share ideas about equality, feminism and art, where we can share our own practice and where we can make work together
This short film gives a taste of some of the issues we believe are important.
What can you do?
- Watch this film dedicated to Jacqueline Morreau, an inspiring artist and feminist
- Listen to the musings of artists and poets on women and our lives during the past century in this podcast